Web Design | Fast, modern websites built for maximum SEO performance
Your website should work for you as a tool to generate leads.
Many small businesses start out with DIY web design tools for their first website. If you’re ready to graduate to a website that has the custom design and all the features you want, I can help. I design websites with high performance and long-term functionality in mind, and always with a focus on SEO best practices.
A website shouldn’t be confusing. It’s a business tool that people need to quickly understand and navigate so that you can generate more leads.
I take great care in mapping out the structure of your site to make sure it’s as user-friendly as possible and guides visitors to contact you.
Fast and Lean
Page loading times have been a ranking factor for Google for several years now. If your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, you’re at a disadvantage.
I know which pitfalls to avoid and which methods to use to build fast-loading websites. For example, you can test this website with one click.
Either way, you can trust that your website is well-supported by a real person that you can reach easily.
Do you have requirements not listed here? Contact me!
Website construction upfront + $30 monthly
A good fit for businesses with a staff member who is comfortable updating website CMS and plugins. Includes the following:
- High-Performance Web Hosting. Websites are hosted on fast SSD-equipped servers.
- Google Analytics. This service allows you to unlock a tremendous number of useful data about your website and its visitors.
- Google Search Console. I will set this up for you to improve your website’s indexing by Google.
- Monthly Website and Database Backup. I can restore a copy of your website in a few moments if anything happens to it.
Website construction upfront + $75 monthly
Includes everything in “Basic”, plus upgraded hosting for more resource-intensive sites. I also handle website maintenance for you, and you get more frequent backups to prevent any data loss.
- Tech Support. Questions or problems? Let me know and I’ll get everything sorted.
- Upgraded Hosting. More processing power and memory for websites with interactive features like Ecommerce or product listings.
- Security & Software Updates. A website runs on software that needs to be kept up-to-date so that it doesn’t get hacked.
- Daily Website and Database Backup. I can restore a copy of your website in a few moments if anything happens to it.
$0 upfront + monthly starting at $175
If you want the most hassle-free website experience possible, this is for you – the “all-inclusive resort” of websites. Includes everything in “Business”, plus the following:
- No Upfront Cost. You get a brand-new website for only a monthly amount.
- Unlimited Content Updates. Have a new team member or service to add? Send me the info by email and consider it done. You will never need to touch the website yourself.
- Quality Control. Since I will be the one making updates and keeping a close eye on your website, you can rest assured that things will always run smoothly.
Your website can be en anglais et en français, or as many other languages as you need.
Client Portal / Login
Control access to a section of the website or enable client profiles and dashboards.
Build an online store, including setting up a payment gateway.
Search engine optimization services and reports to help your new website rank better.
Sync with external data sources (like MLS for Realtors, for example).
Integrate an email newsletter signup directly in the website.
Contact me for an estimate
From the Blog: Web Design
There are two main options when building a business website: DIY platforms like Wix or Squarespace, and WordPress, a self-hosted open-source content management system. Let’s explore the pros and cons of each.
I recently had to add an author bio block to an older WordPress website that uses a page builder theme which doesn’t allow for template parts to be added to a page type. Instead, I added this code to a child theme’s functions.php file.
Page load times are an important factor when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO). If your website is built with WordPress, read on for some tips on how to make it load much faster.
Sometimes web design and SEO are at odds with each other. One mistake involving the choice of headings is extremely common – there’s a good chance your own business’ website has this problem.
Websites are made with software that needs to be kept up to date for security reasons. I’ve seen first-hand what happens when a business’ website gets hacked, and it’s often very difficult to fix – but there are preventive measures you can take to avoid it happening to you.
WordPress is a very popular CMS with web developers for a good reason – it’s very flexible. However, its flexibility can get you into trouble if your website is overloaded with plugins. Here’s how to avoid that.